Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"Status" teething

Poor Tae has really been struggling with teething recently - he has 8 teeth now and 2 more coming in on top. A friend told me about the "giraffe teether" her 16 month old son loves, and that even though it was pricey, it was well worth every penny.

Well, yesterday I found the teether at a local children's store and gulped as I handed over my gift card to the cashier to pay for the thing (luckily it was a gift card...).
Later in the day I was telling another friend about the teether and she said she had just read this article in the LA Times about this exact giraffe teether named Sophie. Who knew that I was buying a "status teether" for my son?
So, the teether seems to have worked for Nicole Richie's and Kate Hudson's kids. How has it worked for Tae? Let's take a look:
"Hey, this thing is pretty cute!"
"You want me to do what with it? Put it in my mouth?"
(Once it had fallen on his hand): "Ewwww...get it off! Get it off!"

Needless to say, Tae has yet to put the thing in his mouth. So it goes for status teething....

4 comments:

  1. Try putting it in your mouth and see if he mimics you. What a great teether. As usual, loved the photos. What an expressive young boy. Can hardly wait to see him again in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...I've seen this giraffe before but never tried it myself. The thing that works for Andy is to put an ice cube in one of those mesh-bag-on-a-handle things that are supposed to be for babies to eat fruit from without fear of choking. The idea of eating through a mesh bag sounded kind of yucky so we never used it until someone told us that ice makes teether's gums feel better and that the mesh bag thing keeps the ice from slipping while they suck on it. Don't know if it would work for Tae but if you already have one of those mesh bag things, it's worth a try! Loved the pictures as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A picture is worth a thousand words on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute...I was just getting my Tae fix! No wonderful teething advice...just the fact that my kids are no longer teething so this too shall pass!

    ReplyDelete