Friday, July 24, 2009

Tae's Big Day Out!

Since Mike goes back to work on Monday (*sigh* from both Jana and Tae), we thought today would be a good day to celebrate being a family of three living near the ocean, so Tae and his parents and grandparents spent the day at Avila Beach. He did great! Granted, he did sleep and eat most of the time, but he also had fun in the sand and sea. Here are some photos:

Ah...this is the life:

Yesterday, as you can see below, was a day of thinking, playing in water on the deck, and eating:

A cute eating story:

We've been giving Tae "Cheerio kisses" where he takes an "O" from between our lips with his mouth. Tonight I said "give mommy a kiss" without a Cheerio in it, and he did! It warmed my heart! I, of course, tried it over and over again and he didn't do it again without a Cheerio...but there's always tomorrow! :-)

We do feel like Tae is doing extremely well adjusting...enough to be fussy with his parents when he wants to! He's still on a bit of a crazy sleep schedule (different every night), so there's still adjustment to go, but we are beyond grateful to God and the rest of our support system for helping us get to such a good point already. Thanks to you for thinking of us and checking in!

1 comment:

  1. Do you sometimes have to pinch yourself to make sure it's all real?! As I look at your pictures it just warms my heart and I can hardly believe he's really here. Let me say it again: you make such a beautiful family! I can't wait to meet him in person. Hope you're enjoying every single minute!

    ReplyDelete